The technology landscape is laden with distractions – emerging technologies, agile, DevOps, to name just a few. And the journey of getting to the cloud is not going to happen overnight, especially to realize business outcomes. To be successful with hybrid cloud, organizations should think of their infrastructure as all of their services working together in a unified platform and define a cloud strategy that includes how to overcome hurdles.
Continue reading “Business-level impact with hybrid cloud infrastructure, at Red Hat Summit”
Using a combination of open practices and open technology to foster community powered innovation, Red Hat Open Innovation Labs has assisted organizations in upskilling teams on both the technology and cultural changes needed to ultimately start the journey towards transformation. At Red Hat Summit we have Open Innovation Labs experts taking you inside real engagements to illustrate our proven Open Practice Library methodologies and sharing the core principles used to lead customers to successful outcomes.
Continue reading “Open Innovation Labs at Red Hat Summit”
Our new era is one of unprecedented change—and possibility. The rapid pace of disruption and innovation that we call digital transformation is fueled by the combination of people, process and technology; forcing interactions at levels we have never before seen, to fundamentally remake the enterprise. While many organizations are relying on cutting edge technology to fuel transformation, experts, and our own experience, tell us that just adding new technologies to the portfolio is not enough to win at transformation.
Continue reading “Enterprise-wide approach to open transformation, at Red Hat Summit”
The importance of utilizing containers goes beyond being a supporting block for agile and DevOps. Utilizing new technology can help organizations realize people and process changes that support modernization and container adoption is an opportunity and a catalyst that helps to cause a chain reaction in the way organizations deliver software.
Continue reading “Business-level impact with container adoption, at Red Hat Summit”
Innovating and adopting emerging technology is practically mandatory for any company, regardless of its segment of activity, due to systems and technology now supporting the business, and the way companies sell their products or provide services to their customers.
Everybody talks about emerging technologies and the importance of companies adopting such technologies that are super innovative and have great potential to transform the way we work. However, because they are still recent and have not been widely explored or tested, they generate insecurity and challenges at the time of adoption.
To adopt innovative technologies, it is necessary to understand the challenges brought with it and look for ways to facilitate massive adoption. After all, there is no point in just having one silo or department interested in adopting emerging technologies, if the rest of the organization does not understand the benefits of this change.
But what are the real factors that blocker emerging tech adoption within companies?
Continue reading “What factors make companies fail to adopt emerging technologies?”
If you have been around the opensource world within the last few years, you would have heard about Ansible. If not, think of Ansible as the key to automating the world.
What is ansible?
Automation! Ansible is automation.
It is an open-source software provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment tool that is highly customizable through playbooks to meet the needs of the environment
Continue reading “Ansible 101 – Ansible for beginners”
This article was originally posted on enterpriseai.news.
It’s estimated that 75 percent of an IT professional’s time is spent “keeping the lights on” with the remaining 25 percent focused on innovation that moves their businesses forward. Everyone should want to flip those percentages. After all, both executives and developers want the same thing: to drive innovation that helps improve the bottom line.
Continue reading “Four Principles for Building a Culture of Automation”
Machine Learning is a tool that is quickly becoming more and more available to enterprises. Although this new tool is very powerful, it is still often not well understood. This blog post intends to demystify the concepts around Machine Learning, define much of the vernacular common to the practice, and inform how Red Hat teams can help today. This post extends the information provided in our whiteboarding video.
Continue reading “What is Machine Learning?”